The first industrial textile operation in Halmstad was set up in 1823. Machine felt production started in the mid-19th Century. In 1974, Nordifa was hived off from Albany International, and the operation moved to the current location. There were several changes in ownership until the Bornefalk family bought the company in 2004. For five years, the Nordifa group was listed on the stock exchange.
Nordifa still focuses on the same core business – the development, production and sale of advanced textile products. At present, this includes not only textile machine components but also filter media, furniture, interior fittings and sports flooring.
Today, Nordifa is a family-owned business and one of only a few independent European companies with a fully-integrated manufacturing chain for needled and pressed felt, as well as for woven special products.